Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Reading

One of my goals in coming to Mongolia was to read a lot because I haven't read a book for fun in forever. I just finished War and Peace and it chaged my life. Everyone should read that book. Here is a list of books that were recommended to me by some of my esteemed colleagues at school. If you're looking for something to read, these might be some good ones. I would love it if you added any recommendations of your own to the list and I'll see if I can find them at the library here.

Once I can upload pictures again, I'll write some more posts. Get pumped for the homophone post.

6 comments:

  1. Nice list, JB. Some of my faves are on it.

    By the way, errrrrr btw, I just made a loan through kiva.org to this guy ( http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=117747&_tpos=1&_tpg=1 ) I think he's close to your location and, oh by the way, he has a 19 year old daughter.

    Your special uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving! Very good - I just bought it for my mom for her birthday. Hope you're enjoying Mongolia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful of advice from chicken farmers

    ReplyDelete
  4. War and Peace is definitely on my light summer reading list:) Great blog John, Mongolia looks beautiful! (at least the steppes)I was surprised by the Tibetan monestary, in fact the Mongolia looks very much like Tibet.

    Wish I had some reading to recommend, but i'm trying to build my own list. Thanks for the list.

    Keep on rocking the steppes!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. On second thought, Songlines,by Bruce Chatwin. Not about Mongolia exactly (Australia actually) but interesting observations on the human desire to travel and nomads around the world

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's "Chicken Wrangler" to you suburbaneers.

    ReplyDelete